There are several steps in the admission process and each is described below. At each point in the process, every effort will be made to understand your specific needs to assist you in making the best decisions on treatment options.
1) Contact us by phone
(1-877-212-5457 or 419-885-8800) to speak confidentially to our Intake Coordinator
Or you can complete the Initial Information Form
The Initial Information Form is an online form on our website that tells us about you, your treatment needs, and your insurance information. Information you provide on this form is confidential and will be reviewed only by our Intake Department and senior clinical staff members so they can assist you in exploring treatment options. Filling out this form does not obligate you to treatment. After completing the form, you may decide that you are not interested in receiving treatment at River Centre Clinic. In this case, we will permanently remove all personally identifying information from your record.
2) Our Intake Coordinator will contact you confidentially by phone or by e-mail to discuss the details of our program and answer your questions.
Topics discussed typically include one or more of the following areas:
- Our Eating disorder treatment programs
- Treatment costs
- Verification of insurance benefits
- Determining the level of care needed
- Admission procedures
- Living arrangements
- Lengths of stay
- Working with your existing professional treatment team
3) Schedule a clinical assessment and complete medical testing and pre-admission forms.
If admission is deemed appropriate by our Clinical Director, we will require the next steps in the admission process:
- Clinical Assessment
- Our Intake Department will schedule a face-to-face or phone interview to discuss your expectations for admission.
- Medical Testing
We may ask you to obtain several medical tests from your physician, such as:
- Blood tests to assess electrolytes and other biological systems
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) test to assess heart functioning
- Pre-Treatment Admission Forms
We will ask you to complete several standardized forms (these are confidential) to provide additional information about you, your background, previous treatment experiences, and current functioning.
4) Schedule an admission date.
Once the Clinical Assessment, Medical Testing, and Admission Forms have been completed, we will schedule a date for your admission to the River Centre Clinic.
Take the Eating Attitudes Test
The EAT-26 is the most widely cited standardized self-report screening measure that may be able to help you determine if you have an eating disorder that needs professional attention. Take the EAT-26 now by clicking on the orange button on the left and get immediate and anonymous feedback.
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
To ensure your confidentiality, after a decision is made about treatment, we remove identifying information (including your name, address, and e-mail address) and place it in another location to ensure that the information you provide remains confidential. All identifying information will be destroyed one month after your initial submission if you check the appropriate box at the end of the following information form.